Wal-Mart cuts iPhone 3GS price in half
Seattle: Wal-Mart says it`s cutting the price of the most up-to-date iPhone in half. That`s another sign Apple is getting ready to unveil a new model.
Wal-Mart says that starting Tuesday the iPhone 3GS with 16 gigabytes of storage space will cost $97 with a two-year contract with AT&T. It currently costs $197.
Leaked prototypes for an updated iPhone surfaced on blogs recently. The price cut could signal retailers are clearing the shelves to make room for a new Apple smart phone.
Apple declined to comment on whether it`s planning to release a new iPhone soon, or whether it will also sell the iPhone 3GS for less.
The company`s annual developer conference kicks off June 7. Apple unveiled the iPhone 3GS at the same event last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC sentences 7 to life imprisonment in a post-Godhra riot case
- Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service resumes
- 2nd Test, Day 3: England bounce back to level series 1-1 with massive 330-run win over Pakistan
- Lok Sabha passes bill providing for opening of 6 new IITs
- NIA files chargesheet in Bangalore Church Street blast case