Walcott injury scare for Arsenal
London: Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has flown home from the club`s training camp in Germany after the recurrence of a niggling ankle injury, the club confirmed Wednesday.
Walcott, 22, returned to London for further "investigation" of the injury manager Arsene Wenger said as the Gunners prepare for their season-opening Premier League game against Newcastle next month.
"Theo went home early and was due to have an MRI," Wenger said on Arsenal`s official website.
"It is an ankle injury that comes and goes. We need some more investigation because sometimes he`s completely free of it and sometimes it affects him. But we had to send him back because he couldn`t practice anymore."
Wenger also revealed youngster Conor Henderson -- stretchered off in Saturday`s 2-1 win over Cologne -- faced up to six months out after suffering a serious knee injury.
"Conor has a knee injury and it looks as if it is a cruciate. That means unfortunately that he will be out for six months at the very least," Wenger said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus