Walcott injury scare for Arsenal
London: Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has flown home from the club`s training camp in Germany after the recurrence of a niggling ankle injury, the club confirmed Wednesday.
Walcott, 22, returned to London for further "investigation" of the injury manager Arsene Wenger said as the Gunners prepare for their season-opening Premier League game against Newcastle next month.
"Theo went home early and was due to have an MRI," Wenger said on Arsenal`s official website.
"It is an ankle injury that comes and goes. We need some more investigation because sometimes he`s completely free of it and sometimes it affects him. But we had to send him back because he couldn`t practice anymore."
Wenger also revealed youngster Conor Henderson -- stretchered off in Saturday`s 2-1 win over Cologne -- faced up to six months out after suffering a serious knee injury.
"Conor has a knee injury and it looks as if it is a cruciate. That means unfortunately that he will be out for six months at the very least," Wenger said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll