Walcott injury scare for Arsenal
London: Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has flown home from the club`s training camp in Germany after the recurrence of a niggling ankle injury, the club confirmed Wednesday.
Walcott, 22, returned to London for further "investigation" of the injury manager Arsene Wenger said as the Gunners prepare for their season-opening Premier League game against Newcastle next month.
"Theo went home early and was due to have an MRI," Wenger said on Arsenal`s official website.
"It is an ankle injury that comes and goes. We need some more investigation because sometimes he`s completely free of it and sometimes it affects him. But we had to send him back because he couldn`t practice anymore."
Wenger also revealed youngster Conor Henderson -- stretchered off in Saturday`s 2-1 win over Cologne -- faced up to six months out after suffering a serious knee injury.
"Conor has a knee injury and it looks as if it is a cruciate. That means unfortunately that he will be out for six months at the very least," Wenger said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown