Waqf Board should withdraw claim to disputed land: Mahasabha
Ayodhya: The Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha
(ABHM) on Wednesday said that a settlement in the Ram Janmabhoomi-
Babri mosque dispute could be worked out amicably through
negotiations provided the Sunni Central Waqf Board
relinquishes its claim over the land to allow construction of
a Ram Temple on the entire disputed site.
"Muslims should give up their claim over the land in a
cordial manner paving the way for construction of the temple
and Hindus would also reciprocate (by making provisions for) a
mosque at some other place," Rakesh Kumar Arya, spokesman of
He said the Mahasabha`s president Swami Chakrapani has
written a letter to the Sunni Central Waqf Board recently
asking it to relinquish its claim on the land in national
"The mahasabha would go to the Supreme Court against
the Allahabad High Court verdict as other parties are also
approaching the apex court," he said, adding that the
organisation would strive to construct a grand temple on the
The Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha, one of the main
parties in the dispute, had earlier this month filed a caveat
in the Supreme Court to pre-empt any ex-parte order in the
Ayodhya title suit case.
Earlier today, Chakrapani met Mahant Gyan Das of the
Nirmohi Akhara parishad and lauded his efforts for a
"The mahasabha is of the opinion that eminent people
like Gyan Das should continue their efforts," Arya said.
A meeting of the mahasabha`s national working
committee would be held in Ayodhya on October 31 and
development of the town would be on top of its agenda, Arya
Meanwhile, a press note issued in Lucknow by media
cell of the state unit of the Mahasabha condemned Swami
Chakrapani for calling on Mahant Gyan Das who has been making
efforts for negotiated settlement of the issue against the
policy of the Mahasabha.
Arya said that the "so-called leaders" who had issued
the condemnation were "self-proclaimed" leaders of ABHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray