Was India warned of 13/7 Mumbai blasts?
Mumbai: While it is evident that the triple bomb blasts that rocked Mumbai on July 13 were “coordinated”, reports claimed Thursday that the two Indian Mujahideen terrorists, who were nabbed by the Maharashtra ATS recently, had during interrogation, hinted at a module working to carry out serial blasts.
According to reports, both terrorists – Mohammed Mobin Abdul Shakoor Khan alias Irfan and Ayub Raja Amin Shaikh – had spilled beans on an active unit that was planning serials blasts in not only Mumbai but in Gujarat as well.
Both were arrested from Mankhurd with two weapons – a 7.66 mm Pistol and .32 bore revolver with four rounds. Their role is being probed in connection with the past blasts in Ahmedabad, finding of unexploded bombs in Surat and also for the e-mails sent by Indian Mujahideen after the blasts.
The identity of the perpetrators of the attack is yet to be confirmed. Home Minister P Chidambaram has refused to speculate on the group behind the attack. He said, “All groups hostile to India are under the scanner.”
The Home Minister, during a press conference held here today, had also rejected the suggestions that there has been an intelligence failure. He said that there was no intelligence on Black Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan