Was India warned of 13/7 Mumbai blasts?
Mumbai: While it is evident that the triple bomb blasts that rocked Mumbai on July 13 were “coordinated”, reports claimed Thursday that the two Indian Mujahideen terrorists, who were nabbed by the Maharashtra ATS recently, had during interrogation, hinted at a module working to carry out serial blasts.
According to reports, both terrorists – Mohammed Mobin Abdul Shakoor Khan alias Irfan and Ayub Raja Amin Shaikh – had spilled beans on an active unit that was planning serials blasts in not only Mumbai but in Gujarat as well.
Both were arrested from Mankhurd with two weapons – a 7.66 mm Pistol and .32 bore revolver with four rounds. Their role is being probed in connection with the past blasts in Ahmedabad, finding of unexploded bombs in Surat and also for the e-mails sent by Indian Mujahideen after the blasts.
The identity of the perpetrators of the attack is yet to be confirmed. Home Minister P Chidambaram has refused to speculate on the group behind the attack. He said, “All groups hostile to India are under the scanner.”
The Home Minister, during a press conference held here today, had also rejected the suggestions that there has been an intelligence failure. He said that there was no intelligence on Black Wednesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know