WB Cong announces series of protest programmes
Kolkata: Buoyed by the positive response
to yesterday`s state-wide bandh, the Congress on Saturday announced
a series of agitation programmes to intesify protest against
the recent attack on its party MLAs in Mangalkot.
The programmes included a march to the Kolkata Police
headquarters at Lalbazar on August five, another to Mangalkote
in Burdwan district on August nine followed by one to Writer`s
Buildings, the state secretariat, on August 19.
The programmes were announced by WBPCC working
president Subrata Mukherjee here.
On July 15, a Congress Legislature Party team led by
CLP leader Manas Bhunia was attacked allegedly by CPI(M)
supporters at Mangalkote.
The CLP team had gone to provide relief to those
rendered homeless in retaliatory violence there since the
killing of a CPI(M) leader on June 15.
The Congress had called a statewide bandh yesterday in
protest against the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why