WB Cong announces series of protest programmes
Kolkata: Buoyed by the positive response
to yesterday`s state-wide bandh, the Congress on Saturday announced
a series of agitation programmes to intesify protest against
the recent attack on its party MLAs in Mangalkot.
The programmes included a march to the Kolkata Police
headquarters at Lalbazar on August five, another to Mangalkote
in Burdwan district on August nine followed by one to Writer`s
Buildings, the state secretariat, on August 19.
The programmes were announced by WBPCC working
president Subrata Mukherjee here.
On July 15, a Congress Legislature Party team led by
CLP leader Manas Bhunia was attacked allegedly by CPI(M)
supporters at Mangalkote.
The CLP team had gone to provide relief to those
rendered homeless in retaliatory violence there since the
killing of a CPI(M) leader on June 15.
The Congress had called a statewide bandh yesterday in
protest against the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’