WB govt sanctions 430 cr for relief and restoration
Kolkata: The West Bengal government has
sanctioned Rs 430 crore for relief and restoration work in
areas affected by cyclone Aila, floods and scanty rains.
Rs 377 crore was sanctioned for Aila-hit North and
South 24-Parganas districts, while Rs 42 crore for flood hit
districts, Finance Minister Asim Dasgupta said today.
He said Rs 11 crore was also sanctioned for districts
where rains had been scanty.
The state government was keeping in touch with the Centre
on permanent repair of irrigation embankments in the
Sundarbans, Dasgupta said.
Central teams had assessed the cost of repair of the
778 km of breached embankments at Rs 6079 crore, of which it
released only Rs 128 crore so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead