‘We are ashamed Shah Rukh was born in India’
Mumbai: With Shah Rukh Khan refusing to apologise for criticising the exclusion of Pak players from IPL, the Shiv Sena Thursday dared to him to come back to Mumbai and make a similar statement.
Party spokesperson and editor of Sena mouthpiece Saamna, Sanjay Raut said, "Shah Rukh Khan has said he will not apologise, but he has said that in the US. Let him come and say this in Mumbai.”
“We are ashamed that Shah Rukh was born in India," Raut added.
Raut said that Shah Rukh should go to the families of 26/11 martyrs to know what mistake he has made by supporting the cause of Pakistani cricketers in IPL.
Raut had also reminded Khan that his house was in Mumbai - "Mannat is in Mumbai, not Pakistan."
Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray had also attacked the actor by saying that the house where Shah Rukh stays is not in Pakistan, but it’s in Mumbai.
Meanwhile, Shah Rukh Khan has refused to budge from his stated views on the issue, he said, “If there is an issue with me you have to sort it out with me and talk to me about my ideology."
His in New York to promote his new film "My Name Is Khan”.
Meanwhile, the Congress reacted strongly to the Sena`s offensive. Party general secretary Digvijay Singh has said that the Thackerays are just paper tigers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read