‘We are ashamed Shah Rukh was born in India’
Mumbai: With Shah Rukh Khan refusing to apologise for criticising the exclusion of Pak players from IPL, the Shiv Sena Thursday dared to him to come back to Mumbai and make a similar statement.
Party spokesperson and editor of Sena mouthpiece Saamna, Sanjay Raut said, "Shah Rukh Khan has said he will not apologise, but he has said that in the US. Let him come and say this in Mumbai.”
“We are ashamed that Shah Rukh was born in India," Raut added.
Raut said that Shah Rukh should go to the families of 26/11 martyrs to know what mistake he has made by supporting the cause of Pakistani cricketers in IPL.
Raut had also reminded Khan that his house was in Mumbai - "Mannat is in Mumbai, not Pakistan."
Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray had also attacked the actor by saying that the house where Shah Rukh stays is not in Pakistan, but it’s in Mumbai.
Meanwhile, Shah Rukh Khan has refused to budge from his stated views on the issue, he said, “If there is an issue with me you have to sort it out with me and talk to me about my ideology."
His in New York to promote his new film "My Name Is Khan”.
Meanwhile, the Congress reacted strongly to the Sena`s offensive. Party general secretary Digvijay Singh has said that the Thackerays are just paper tigers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram