‘We are ashamed Shah Rukh was born in India’
Mumbai: With Shah Rukh Khan refusing to apologise for criticising the exclusion of Pak players from IPL, the Shiv Sena Thursday dared to him to come back to Mumbai and make a similar statement.
Party spokesperson and editor of Sena mouthpiece Saamna, Sanjay Raut said, "Shah Rukh Khan has said he will not apologise, but he has said that in the US. Let him come and say this in Mumbai.”
“We are ashamed that Shah Rukh was born in India," Raut added.
Raut said that Shah Rukh should go to the families of 26/11 martyrs to know what mistake he has made by supporting the cause of Pakistani cricketers in IPL.
Raut had also reminded Khan that his house was in Mumbai - "Mannat is in Mumbai, not Pakistan."
Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray had also attacked the actor by saying that the house where Shah Rukh stays is not in Pakistan, but it’s in Mumbai.
Meanwhile, Shah Rukh Khan has refused to budge from his stated views on the issue, he said, “If there is an issue with me you have to sort it out with me and talk to me about my ideology."
His in New York to promote his new film "My Name Is Khan”.
Meanwhile, the Congress reacted strongly to the Sena`s offensive. Party general secretary Digvijay Singh has said that the Thackerays are just paper tigers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered