We have nothing to hide, we were transparent: Bhanot
New Delhi: CWG Organising committee Secretary General Lalit Bhanot yet again denied any wrongdoing during the conduct of the Games last month after CBI officials raided his house on Tuesday.
The Central Bureau of Investigation carried out searches at 11 premises, including the residences of Bhanot and OC Director General V K Verma in connection with the alleged financial irregularities in Rs 107 crore contract for the Games` result update system.
"They wanted to search the house and did it. They were very nice and professional. They did their job and whatever they wanted to see we showed them everything because I don`t hide anything," Bhanot said.
"They conducted the raid and we co-operated. We are giving whatever file they are asking for."
Bhanot, who is also Secretary General of the Athletics Federation of India, said all the decisions related to the Commonwealth Games were taken keeping government officials in the loop.
"We were totally transparent. Whatever decision has been taken, it has been taken jointly by the Board and it includes the government members as well the members from various Federation and the Olympic Committee," he told Times Now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'