We have nothing to hide, we were transparent: Bhanot
New Delhi: CWG Organising committee Secretary General Lalit Bhanot yet again denied any wrongdoing during the conduct of the Games last month after CBI officials raided his house on Tuesday.
The Central Bureau of Investigation carried out searches at 11 premises, including the residences of Bhanot and OC Director General V K Verma in connection with the alleged financial irregularities in Rs 107 crore contract for the Games` result update system.
"They wanted to search the house and did it. They were very nice and professional. They did their job and whatever they wanted to see we showed them everything because I don`t hide anything," Bhanot said.
"They conducted the raid and we co-operated. We are giving whatever file they are asking for."
Bhanot, who is also Secretary General of the Athletics Federation of India, said all the decisions related to the Commonwealth Games were taken keeping government officials in the loop.
"We were totally transparent. Whatever decision has been taken, it has been taken jointly by the Board and it includes the government members as well the members from various Federation and the Olympic Committee," he told Times Now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday