We want to form govt again in alliance with Cong: Patil
Amravati: Maharashtra Home Minister and senior NCP leader Jayant Patil on Friday said his party wants to continue its alliance with Congress in the upcoming assembly polls "to keep fundamental political forces away from power".
"To keep fundamental political forces away from power, we
want to form an alliance with Congress and bring the
government of Democratic Front once again to the power in the
state," Patil said here.
He was speaking after releasing `Bandhilaki`, the report
of works done by Sulbha Khodke, the NCP MLA and vice-president
of Vidarbha Irrigation Development Corporation, in the past
Party activists` convention was also organised on the
occasion at Sant Dnyaneshwar Sanskritik Bhavan. Patil said
that the state government did a lot of works in various
sectors like irrigation backlog, power crisis, helping
shelterless people who are above poverty line, and creating
infrastructure in the state, especially in Vidarbha and
"Model code of conduct may come into effect within 4-5
days once the elections announced. We are confident that on
the basis of developmental works we have done, the DF will
regain power in the state," said Patil.
Praising MLA Sulbha Khodke, the senior NCP leader said,
"Khodke went to almost every department of the ministry to
bring various schemes to Badnera constituency. She gave same
justice to all sections of society and remained intact with
them. She always gave priority to solve people`s problems and
did developmental works, and this is the reason of her immense
popularity in her constituency."
"Voters from Badnera should once again stand firmly
behind her to elect her in coming assembly elections with big
margin and take their constituency miles ahead on the road of
development," Patil appealed to voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan