We will deliver, says BJP leader Amit Shah
Ahmedabad: Controversial BJP leader and a close confidant of Narendra Modi, Amit Shah expressed happiness at the fact that he had won with a huge margin in his constituency.
“The CBI was misused against me; false cases were slapped against me. But inspite of everything the party cadres worked with great enthusiasm and made sure that the BJP returns to power in Gujarat,” he said.
“The Congress has lost by a big margin in my constituency,” he added, saying, “BJP does what it promises. We will deliver what we have spelled out in our manifesto.”
Amit Shah, former Gujarat minister of state for home and an accused in the Soharabuddin Sheikh and Tulsi Prajapati staged shootout cases, contested from Naranpura constituency in Ahmedabad by over 30,000 votes.
Last time, he won from the Sarkhej Assembly constituency, with a margin of over 2.50 lakh votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?