We will deliver, says BJP leader Amit Shah
Ahmedabad: Controversial BJP leader and a close confidant of Narendra Modi, Amit Shah expressed happiness at the fact that he had won with a huge margin in his constituency.
“The CBI was misused against me; false cases were slapped against me. But inspite of everything the party cadres worked with great enthusiasm and made sure that the BJP returns to power in Gujarat,” he said.
“The Congress has lost by a big margin in my constituency,” he added, saying, “BJP does what it promises. We will deliver what we have spelled out in our manifesto.”
Amit Shah, former Gujarat minister of state for home and an accused in the Soharabuddin Sheikh and Tulsi Prajapati staged shootout cases, contested from Naranpura constituency in Ahmedabad by over 30,000 votes.
Last time, he won from the Sarkhej Assembly constituency, with a margin of over 2.50 lakh votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened