We will oppose Rathore`s bail at next hearing: Girhotra’s lawyer
Panchkula: Hours after former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore got interim bail in the Ruchika Girhotra molestation case, her family lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj on Friday expressed the hope that they will be able to "expose the truth" at the next date of hearing on January 7.
"So far we have not got any opportunity to present our case," Bhardwaj said commenting on the interim bail given by a local sessions court hearing the case after two fresh FIRs were registered against the former DGP.
Bharadwaj said he will oppose Rathore`s bail at the next date. "We are hopeful of getting justice," he said, describing the interim bail as part of the profession.
Asked whether the development was a setback to the case against Rathore, Bhardwaj expressed the hope that they will "expose the truth" at the next date on January 7. "So far we have not got any opportunity to present our case," he said.
On whether they would approach the Punjab and Haryana High Court to get the interim bail cancelled, he said, "There is no question of going to the High Court at this stage."
He charged Abha, the wife and counsel of Rathore with misleading the court on various facts, including the existence of Veena as Subhash Chander Girhotra`s wife.
Bhardwaj said they hoped the Panckula Police would soon register the third FIR against Rathore on the complaint filed by Ruchika`s brother Ashu yesterday under section 307 IPC (attempt to murder).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details