We will win 110 seats in Gujarat polls: Congress
Ahmedabad, Dec 15: Opposition Congress today claimed it will snatch power from the BJP by winning about 110 seats in the 182-seat assembly.
"After finishing campaign in towns, villages and streets of Gujarat, we feel that Congress will get about 110 seats in the elections", Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee President (GPCC) Bharatsinh Solanki said.
"During the 2004 Lok Sabha elections, BJP-led NDA government had run a high-profile, feel-good, India Shining campaign. People had voted against BJP then and will once again vote in a similar fashion (against BJP)", Leader of the Opposition in state assembly Arjun Modhvadiya said.
Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dinsha Patel, who is taking on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi from Maninagar constituency here, in tomorrow's polls said "I will win from Maninagar", he said.
Patel said while Modi has hardly campaigned in this constituency, he has managed to reach about 80 per cent of people living in Maninagar.
"Not only Patels but people from all sections of society will vote for me", he claimed and pointed out that there were about 42,000 patels living in Maninagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'