Webber ignored team orders by overtaking Vettel
London: Mark Webber put his job at risk after ignoring team orders not to try and overtake Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel.
According to reports, the Australian was told several times to stay behind championship leader Vettel but made a failed last-lap bid to snatch second place.
Webber`s actions could leave the door open for Lewis Hamilton to join next season.
Hamilton, unhappy at his McLaren`s lack of speed and his off-track sponsors`` workload, has an exit clause in his contract.
Red Bull boss Christian Horner will hold talks with Webber, 34, who has yet to agree a deal for next season.
Horner said: "I am surprised Mark ignored team orders. The team is the biggest thing and no individual is bigger than it. We risked giving away 33 points by allowing our drivers to fight it out. As we have seen previously, that can have dire consequences."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley