Webber quickest in Spanish GP second practice
Barcelona: Mark Webber topped the times for Red Bull during Friday afternoon`s second practice for Sunday`s Spanish Grand Prix.
The 34-year-old Australian, winner of last year`s race at the Circuit de Catalunya, set a fastest time of one minute 22.470 midway through the session.
Briton Lewis Hamilton of McLaren, sixth fastest in the morning session, benefited from improvements to his car and finished the session second quickest - just 0.04 seconds slower than Webber.
Championship leader Sebastian Vettel of Germany in the second Red Bull was third quickest ahead of Briton Jenson Button in the second McLaren.
Double champion Spaniard Fernando Alonso, who extended his deal with Ferrari on Thursday, finished the day fifth fastest.
Mercedes duo and fellow Germans Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher were sixth and seventh fastest respectively ahead of Brazilian Felipe Massa in the second Ferrari.
Sauber driver Japanese Kamui Kobayashi was ninth quickest followed by German Nick Heidfeld of Renault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation