Webber quickest in Spanish GP second practice
Barcelona: Mark Webber topped the times for Red Bull during Friday afternoon`s second practice for Sunday`s Spanish Grand Prix.
The 34-year-old Australian, winner of last year`s race at the Circuit de Catalunya, set a fastest time of one minute 22.470 midway through the session.
Briton Lewis Hamilton of McLaren, sixth fastest in the morning session, benefited from improvements to his car and finished the session second quickest - just 0.04 seconds slower than Webber.
Championship leader Sebastian Vettel of Germany in the second Red Bull was third quickest ahead of Briton Jenson Button in the second McLaren.
Double champion Spaniard Fernando Alonso, who extended his deal with Ferrari on Thursday, finished the day fifth fastest.
Mercedes duo and fellow Germans Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher were sixth and seventh fastest respectively ahead of Brazilian Felipe Massa in the second Ferrari.
Sauber driver Japanese Kamui Kobayashi was ninth quickest followed by German Nick Heidfeld of Renault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say