Webber’s future to be decided next month
London: Red Bull boss Christian Horner has said that Australian Formula One racing driver Mark Webber will know next month whether he will re-sign with the team for the 2012 season.
“Webber and the team hierarchy would meet in late August and make a decision together,” a daily quoted Horner, as saying.
Webber has said that he is confident of remaining at Red Bull next year and has been publicly supported by the team owner, Dietrich Mateschitz.
Horner, however, accused Webber of acting selfishly by trying to overtake championship leader Sebastian Vettel during the British Grand Prix despite the team order given to him.
“He risked the second place of Sebastian, his third place and 33 points for the team. I understand that he’s racing, but he also absolutely unnecessarily risked a crash,” the team boss said.
“If all 500 people in the team thought only of themselves, we could never achieve our goals,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet