Wenger denies van Persie’s miracle return
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has dismissed alternative medicine, and admitted that striker Robin van Persie will not make a miracle return at Sunderland on Saturday.
Dutch striker van Persie led the way by being one of the first of a host of Premier League stars to visit placenta therapist Mariana Kovacevic at her Belgrade clinic this week.
Liverpool duo Glen Johnson and Fabio Aurelio have also been, while players from Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City have gone too, The Mirror reports.
Van Persie is hoping that having human placenta fluid massaged into his ankle will speed up his recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur