Wenger hoping Rosicky and Eduardo can spur on Arsenal
London: After agreeing more big-name departures, Arsene Wenger will hope the return to fitness of Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo da Silva can spur his young Arsenal side to silverware this season.
The desire of the fans for manager Wenger to end years of high-profile exits by making expensive close-season signings grew when defender Kolo Toure and striker Emmanuel Adebayor moved to Manchester City.
However, the Frenchman`s only signing has been Ajax Amsterdam centre back Thomas Vermaelen and he will instead put his faith in Czech Republic midfielder Rosicky and Croatia striker Eduardo, who almost represent new players after injury-ravaged spells.
Rosicky has been sidelined by a troublesome hamstring injury while Eduardo is back after a groin problem that followed a horrific broken leg in February 2008.
A Champions League semi-final appearance last season was testament to the talent Wenger`s teenage army possess but a fourth-placed Premier League finish indicates consistency remains an obstacle.
Rosicky`s return alongside captain Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Andrei Arshavin will increase creativity in the midfield and the side will be helped further by having a classy partnership in Eduardo and Robin van Persie up front.
"I don`t see why we should be scared ... I see the offensive potential we have," Rosicky told the club`s website.
"Of course we know we have to do better, we are not blind to that, but we can see it`s positive."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands