Wenger to splurge cash to get new players at Arsenal
London: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is all set to change his old habit by splashing cash to finance a concerted assault on the Premier League and Champions League next season.
If Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy don’t buy into that and sign new contracts they could also be sold to raise even more money for the Arsenal’s boss’s first real summer spending spree.
The Frenchman revealed his shopping plans as he goes into today’s final day derby against Fulham admitting that the Gunners have gone backwards this season.
He has already drawn up a list of “experienced” targets, with a defender at the top of it, a newspaper reported.
And, probably for the first time in his 15 years at the club, he is prepared to “pay what it takes” to get his men.
“We will work on strengthening the team. We are definitely in the market that is for sure. I will try to buy at the right price and to invest. It will be difficult, but I will spend what is needed to spend,” Wenger said.
He is prepared to get tough with Nasri – a target for Bayern Munich – and Clichy, whose contracts expire at the end of next season.
He wants to avoid a repeat of what happened with French midfielder Mathieu Flamini, who went to AC Milan for nothing after he let his contract run out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred