Wenger wants Fabregas to focus on Arsenal
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that the speculation over Cesc Fabregas must end soon if the club captain is to focus properly ahead of the Premier League new season.
Fabregas has been linked with a move to Barcelona, who bid 27 million pounds for the midfielder in June.
“I’m just worried that the player has to be completely focused and committed to our club. At the moment he’s coming back from an injury and we have to sort out that situation,” Wenger said in an interview.
“He is the captain of our club and we have to make sure he is really focused on being with us,” he added.
Arsenal will continue their preparations for the start of the Premier League season at the Emirates Cup.
Fabregas, who has not featured in any of Arsenal’s pre-season games, will remain absent due to a troublesome hamstring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan
- Sensex soars over 400 points; Nifty breaches 8,700-mark