Wenger working to strengthen Arsenal’s defence
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that he is doing everything he can to address the club’s biggest weakness - their frail defensive unit.
Ivorian attacking midfielder Gervinho will be Wenger’s only major new arrival when Arsenal face Cologne in Germany on Saturday.
“We will have to find one more defender. I can promise we work very hard on it,” a daily quoted Wenger, as saying.
“Around Europe you will see little movement as clubs who are selling hold out as long as they can. It will speed up in August,” he added.
According to recent reports, Wenger has had a 10 million pound bid for Everton defender Phil Jagielka rejected.
It is believed that the Arsenal manager will only be able to consider the transfer window a success if he buys a commanding central defender and a strong defensive midfielder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!