Wenger working to strengthen Arsenal’s defence
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that he is doing everything he can to address the club’s biggest weakness - their frail defensive unit.
Ivorian attacking midfielder Gervinho will be Wenger’s only major new arrival when Arsenal face Cologne in Germany on Saturday.
“We will have to find one more defender. I can promise we work very hard on it,” a daily quoted Wenger, as saying.
“Around Europe you will see little movement as clubs who are selling hold out as long as they can. It will speed up in August,” he added.
According to recent reports, Wenger has had a 10 million pound bid for Everton defender Phil Jagielka rejected.
It is believed that the Arsenal manager will only be able to consider the transfer window a success if he buys a commanding central defender and a strong defensive midfielder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars