Wenger working to strengthen Arsenal’s defence
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that he is doing everything he can to address the club’s biggest weakness - their frail defensive unit.
Ivorian attacking midfielder Gervinho will be Wenger’s only major new arrival when Arsenal face Cologne in Germany on Saturday.
“We will have to find one more defender. I can promise we work very hard on it,” a daily quoted Wenger, as saying.
“Around Europe you will see little movement as clubs who are selling hold out as long as they can. It will speed up in August,” he added.
According to recent reports, Wenger has had a 10 million pound bid for Everton defender Phil Jagielka rejected.
It is believed that the Arsenal manager will only be able to consider the transfer window a success if he buys a commanding central defender and a strong defensive midfielder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites