Wenger working to strengthen Arsenal’s defence
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that he is doing everything he can to address the club’s biggest weakness - their frail defensive unit.
Ivorian attacking midfielder Gervinho will be Wenger’s only major new arrival when Arsenal face Cologne in Germany on Saturday.
“We will have to find one more defender. I can promise we work very hard on it,” a daily quoted Wenger, as saying.
“Around Europe you will see little movement as clubs who are selling hold out as long as they can. It will speed up in August,” he added.
According to recent reports, Wenger has had a 10 million pound bid for Everton defender Phil Jagielka rejected.
It is believed that the Arsenal manager will only be able to consider the transfer window a success if he buys a commanding central defender and a strong defensive midfielder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him