We`re good corporate citizen: Mukesh Ambani
New Delhi: In an obvious dig at Anil Ambani
group firm RNRL, Mukesh Ambani has said RIL, as a "responsible
corporate citizen", has refrained from reacting to the media
propaganda on the gas dispute.
"We would like to assure all our stakeholders that our
objective is to act in a manner that is fully in consonance
with our respect for the law and is protective of the national
interests," the industrialist told in his annual letter to RIL
The company`s annual report for 2008-09 quoted Ambani`s
letter to shareholders, but it did not name as to who was
behind the media campaign.
Anil Ambani group had in August this year launched a
five-part advertising campaign in a number of national
dailies, wherein it had alleged a nexus between the Petroleum
Ministry and RIL to undermine the interests of RNRL.
"As a responsible corporate citizen, RIL has chosen to
refrain from reacting to the propaganda in the national media
with regards to the KG-D6 gas court case," RIL Chairman and
Managing Director Mukesh Ambani noted in the letter.
RIL and RNRL are locked in a long-running legal battle
over supply of gas from the Mukesh Ambani-led firm`s KG-D6
fields to the Anil Ambani group firm. The Supreme Court began
hearings yesterday on the case, in which the two parties have
cross-appeals related to a June 15 Bombay High Court ruling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation