West Bengal Power Minister passes away
Kolkata: West Bengal Power Minister Mrinal
Banerjee passed away today at a hospital here after battling
He was 72 and is survived by his wife. The end came at
12.55 pm, family sources said.
Banerjee also held the Labour portfolio concurrently
till last year.
An electrical engineer by profession, Banerjee was
actively engaged in trade union activities when he was an
employee at the Durgapur Steel Plant.
Banerjee was elected from the Durgapur-II assembly
constituency in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning