WFI selects team for CWG and World C’ship
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist Sushil Kumar will spearhead India’s challenge at the Commonwealth Games in October as the Wrestling Federation of India today announced teams for both free style and Greco Roman events.
Sushil and his Bejing Olympics teammates Yogeswar Dutt Dutt and Rajiv Tomar would participate in the October 3-14 Delhi Games, along with Anil Kumar (55kg), Sumit (74kg), Anuj Kumar (84kg) and Mausam Khatri (96kg) in the Free Style event.
Rajender Kumar (55kg), Ravinder Singh, Ravinder Singh, Sanjay Kumar, Manoj Kumar, Anil Kumar and Dharmender Dalal will compete in the Greco Roman Style in various weight categories.
“Nirmala Devi (48kg), Babita Kumari (51 Kg), Geeta (55 Kg), Alka Tomar (59 Kg), Suman Kundu (63 Kg), Anita (67 Kg) and Gursharanpreet Kaur (72 Kg) will carry the tri-colour in the female wrestling event,” according to a WFI release.
The WFI selection trials concluded at STC, Sonepat and NIS Patiala on Monday.
Sushil and Dutt will also feature in the Senior World Wrestling Championship team participating in Moscow from September 6-12 next month.
Besides, Sushil and Dutt, the Free Style Team will also have Vinod Kumar (55 Kg), Narsingh Yadav (74 Kg), Mausam Khatri (96 Kg) and Joginder (120 Kg).
The Greco Roman Style Team will have Ravinder Singh (60Kg), Rajender Kumar (55kg), Sunil Kumar (66 Kg), Rajbir Chhikara (74 Kg) and Dharmender Dalal (120 Kg).
Nehra Rathi (48Kg), Sakshi Malik (51 Kg), Alka Tomar (59 Kg) and Navjot Kaur (63 Kg) will represent India in the women competition event in Moscow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'