Widows, disabled to be included in pension schemes in J&K
Srinagar: A survey is underway across Jammu and Kashmir to enlist all widows, elderly and the disabled persons who are not covered under any pension scheme, a state minister said on Saturday.
All those who are not covered under any pension scheme will be covered under Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension and Indira Gandhi Disability Pension schemes, Jammu and Kashmir Social Welfare Minister Sakina Itoo today said at Baramulla, 55 kms from here.
About 3,000 more anganwari centres will be established under third phase in the state besides making all the non-functional centres functional by December this year.
An old-age home will also be established in Baramulla district soon, Sakina said.
She called upon people, particularly affluent, to supplement the efforts of government in extending succour to the destitute, orphans and marginalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened