Wiggins to have surgery on broken collarbone
Aigurande: Bradley Wiggins, who crashed out of the Tour de France on Friday, will undergo surgery on a broken left collarbone and is expected back on his bike within 10 days, Team Sky said on Saturday.
"He`s having surgery today; he`s got a clean break on his left collarbone. Normally it`s about 10 days off the bike," Team Sky sports director Sean Yates told reporters before the start of the eighth stage of the Tour.
"As far as his fitness goes, with the work he`s done, it`s not going to set him back. The big deal is his ability to race, it`s what we`ve been working for all year."
The Briton, who was a reasonable hope for a podium finish on the Tour this year, will ride either the Vuelta or the Tour of Britain in late August, before going to the world championships in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II