WikiLeaks founder parties it up on Christmas
London: He might be in a lot of trouble for many different reasons but that didn’t stop WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange from enjoying a party on Christmas day.
Assange currently holed up in a Norfolk mansion on police bail and is facing charges of sexual misconduct in Sweden, reports the Daily Mail.
But he still made merry. Assange enjoyed a traditional Christmas dinner with host Vaughan Smith and other guests and got into the Christmas spirit by dressing up as Father Christmas and proudly posed with a bulging sack bearing the inscription, “Dear Santa, I`ve been very, very, very good (most of the time).”
The 10-bedroom manor is looked after by housekeeper and excellent vintages of wine and port are available from the well-stocked cellar.
Assange and guests tucked into a gut-busting feast of turkey and all the trimmings at the 600-acre estate, which contains a sustainable farm complete with livestock, and a carp lake.
Assange was released from Wandsworth Jail on a GBP 240,000 surety on December 16.
He is currently fighting extradition to Sweden to face trial for the alleged sex assault of two women and insists the allegations were motivated by revenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH