WikiLeaks founder parties it up on Christmas
London: He might be in a lot of trouble for many different reasons but that didn’t stop WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange from enjoying a party on Christmas day.
Assange currently holed up in a Norfolk mansion on police bail and is facing charges of sexual misconduct in Sweden, reports the Daily Mail.
But he still made merry. Assange enjoyed a traditional Christmas dinner with host Vaughan Smith and other guests and got into the Christmas spirit by dressing up as Father Christmas and proudly posed with a bulging sack bearing the inscription, “Dear Santa, I`ve been very, very, very good (most of the time).”
The 10-bedroom manor is looked after by housekeeper and excellent vintages of wine and port are available from the well-stocked cellar.
Assange and guests tucked into a gut-busting feast of turkey and all the trimmings at the 600-acre estate, which contains a sustainable farm complete with livestock, and a carp lake.
Assange was released from Wandsworth Jail on a GBP 240,000 surety on December 16.
He is currently fighting extradition to Sweden to face trial for the alleged sex assault of two women and insists the allegations were motivated by revenge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane