WikiLeaks founder parties it up on Christmas
London: He might be in a lot of trouble for many different reasons but that didn’t stop WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange from enjoying a party on Christmas day.
Assange currently holed up in a Norfolk mansion on police bail and is facing charges of sexual misconduct in Sweden, reports the Daily Mail.
But he still made merry. Assange enjoyed a traditional Christmas dinner with host Vaughan Smith and other guests and got into the Christmas spirit by dressing up as Father Christmas and proudly posed with a bulging sack bearing the inscription, “Dear Santa, I`ve been very, very, very good (most of the time).”
The 10-bedroom manor is looked after by housekeeper and excellent vintages of wine and port are available from the well-stocked cellar.
Assange and guests tucked into a gut-busting feast of turkey and all the trimmings at the 600-acre estate, which contains a sustainable farm complete with livestock, and a carp lake.
Assange was released from Wandsworth Jail on a GBP 240,000 surety on December 16.
He is currently fighting extradition to Sweden to face trial for the alleged sex assault of two women and insists the allegations were motivated by revenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users