WikiLeaks sets up limited company in Iceland
Reykjavik: Whistle-blowing organisation WikiLeaks says it has set up a private limited company in Iceland for administrative purposes.
Spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson says the organisation is undergoing restructuring and will also establish legal entities in Sweden and France. He says WikiLeaks already operates as a legal entity in Australia, but cannot confirm whether it runs there as a company or as a non-profit organisation.
Hrafnsson says WikiLeaks needs to set up bases in different countries to carry out tasks such as opening bank accounts. He stressed on Saturday that the move does not mean WikiLeaks is trying to profit from its operations.
The controversial international anti-secrecy group drew worldwide attention when it posted 500,000 secret Iraq and Afghanistan war files this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!