WikiLeaks sets up limited company in Iceland
Reykjavik: Whistle-blowing organisation WikiLeaks says it has set up a private limited company in Iceland for administrative purposes.
Spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson says the organisation is undergoing restructuring and will also establish legal entities in Sweden and France. He says WikiLeaks already operates as a legal entity in Australia, but cannot confirm whether it runs there as a company or as a non-profit organisation.
Hrafnsson says WikiLeaks needs to set up bases in different countries to carry out tasks such as opening bank accounts. He stressed on Saturday that the move does not mean WikiLeaks is trying to profit from its operations.
The controversial international anti-secrecy group drew worldwide attention when it posted 500,000 secret Iraq and Afghanistan war files this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...