WikiLeaks sets up limited company in Iceland
Reykjavik: Whistle-blowing organisation WikiLeaks says it has set up a private limited company in Iceland for administrative purposes.
Spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson says the organisation is undergoing restructuring and will also establish legal entities in Sweden and France. He says WikiLeaks already operates as a legal entity in Australia, but cannot confirm whether it runs there as a company or as a non-profit organisation.
Hrafnsson says WikiLeaks needs to set up bases in different countries to carry out tasks such as opening bank accounts. He stressed on Saturday that the move does not mean WikiLeaks is trying to profit from its operations.
The controversial international anti-secrecy group drew worldwide attention when it posted 500,000 secret Iraq and Afghanistan war files this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?