WikiLeaks sets up limited company in Iceland
Reykjavik: Whistle-blowing organisation WikiLeaks says it has set up a private limited company in Iceland for administrative purposes.
Spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson says the organisation is undergoing restructuring and will also establish legal entities in Sweden and France. He says WikiLeaks already operates as a legal entity in Australia, but cannot confirm whether it runs there as a company or as a non-profit organisation.
Hrafnsson says WikiLeaks needs to set up bases in different countries to carry out tasks such as opening bank accounts. He stressed on Saturday that the move does not mean WikiLeaks is trying to profit from its operations.
The controversial international anti-secrecy group drew worldwide attention when it posted 500,000 secret Iraq and Afghanistan war files this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy