Will be interested in Zain Telecom, if opportunity comes: Bharti
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel on Friday said it is not averse to picking up a stake in Kuwait-based telecom company Zain Telecom if opportunity comes.
"At the moment there is nothing. But if an opportunity about Zain comes, I am not saying we are not interested or not looking at it," Bharti Airtel CFO Akhil Gupta said replying to queries if the company would be interested in picking up a stake in Zain telecom.
An Indian firm Vavasi Telecom is trying to rope in BSNL and MTNL to pick up a stake in Zain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini