Will be interested in Zain Telecom, if opportunity comes: Bharti
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel on Friday said it is not averse to picking up a stake in Kuwait-based telecom company Zain Telecom if opportunity comes.
"At the moment there is nothing. But if an opportunity about Zain comes, I am not saying we are not interested or not looking at it," Bharti Airtel CFO Akhil Gupta said replying to queries if the company would be interested in picking up a stake in Zain telecom.
An Indian firm Vavasi Telecom is trying to rope in BSNL and MTNL to pick up a stake in Zain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video