Will Kalmadi be removed as IOA president today?
New Delhi: In a bid to remove Suresh Kalmadi as the president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), sports minister has directed the IOA to take immediate action regarding the post of IOA president on Tuesday evening.
According to reports, the IOA board members have started an informal meeting at 6 pm today to decide the fate of IOA chief Suresh Kalmadi, who has been remanded in CBI custody for eight days by a Delhi Court earlier today.
It has been learnt that the sports ministry had asked the IOA members to meet informally to decide the new IOA president.
Sources have also claimed that Kalmadi could be removed from his post by a no-confidence motion during the meeting.
Talking to the reporters IOA vice-president Trilochan Singh had confirmed that they would meet in the evening following a directive from the sports ministry.
He said that it was an unprecedented event but did not confirm that the meeting would elect the new president of the IOA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof