Will Pak PM Gilani survive confidence vote?
Islamabad: In what seems to be a decisive day for Pakistan, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani is slated to face a confidence vote on Monday.
The National Assembly or lower house of Parliament is expected to vote today on a resolution that seeks endorsement and support for "efforts made by the political leadership for strengthening democracy" and calls for reposing "full confidence and trust" in the leadership.
Gilani must be keeping his fingers crossed after being served contempt of court notice by the Pakistan`s Supreme Court earlier in the day.
Pakistan`s top court found Gilani in contempt of court for not complying with orders related to re-opening corruption cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
The Supreme Court`s ruling against Gilani means he could be prosecuted, leading to his dismissal.
Last week, the judges tagged Gilani as a dishonest man for not having implemented the SC`s orders on the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?