Will Pak PM Gilani survive confidence vote?
Islamabad: In what seems to be a decisive day for Pakistan, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani is slated to face a confidence vote on Monday.
The National Assembly or lower house of Parliament is expected to vote today on a resolution that seeks endorsement and support for "efforts made by the political leadership for strengthening democracy" and calls for reposing "full confidence and trust" in the leadership.
Gilani must be keeping his fingers crossed after being served contempt of court notice by the Pakistan`s Supreme Court earlier in the day.
Pakistan`s top court found Gilani in contempt of court for not complying with orders related to re-opening corruption cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
The Supreme Court`s ruling against Gilani means he could be prosecuted, leading to his dismissal.
Last week, the judges tagged Gilani as a dishonest man for not having implemented the SC`s orders on the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway