Will quit Man City in the summer: Tevez
London: Skipper Carlos Tevez has told Manchester City that he will leave in the summer, sparking a worldwide transfer scramble.
The bombshell comes just days after City boss Roberto Mancini claimed the star was staying.
Tevez, speaking to Argentine station Radio del Plata, said: "I want to leave Manchester City. Football has changed a lot for me and I don`t know if I will even make it to the next World Cup."
The Sun quoted him, as saying: "I`ve been treated very well here and I`m grateful. I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it has had. But I need a change of scene."
Mancini had hoped striker Tevez would stay and help lead his Champions League charge next season in the wake of Tuesday`s two-goal super show against Stoke.
But City have been unsure about the goal ace`s intentions, knowing Tevez is keen to be closer to his estranged wife and kids.
Now their fears have come home to roost, with Italy or Spain his preferred destination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'