Will quit Man City in the summer: Tevez
London: Skipper Carlos Tevez has told Manchester City that he will leave in the summer, sparking a worldwide transfer scramble.
The bombshell comes just days after City boss Roberto Mancini claimed the star was staying.
Tevez, speaking to Argentine station Radio del Plata, said: "I want to leave Manchester City. Football has changed a lot for me and I don`t know if I will even make it to the next World Cup."
The Sun quoted him, as saying: "I`ve been treated very well here and I`m grateful. I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it has had. But I need a change of scene."
Mancini had hoped striker Tevez would stay and help lead his Champions League charge next season in the wake of Tuesday`s two-goal super show against Stoke.
But City have been unsure about the goal ace`s intentions, knowing Tevez is keen to be closer to his estranged wife and kids.
Now their fears have come home to roost, with Italy or Spain his preferred destination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic