Will quit Man City in the summer: Tevez
London: Skipper Carlos Tevez has told Manchester City that he will leave in the summer, sparking a worldwide transfer scramble.
The bombshell comes just days after City boss Roberto Mancini claimed the star was staying.
Tevez, speaking to Argentine station Radio del Plata, said: "I want to leave Manchester City. Football has changed a lot for me and I don`t know if I will even make it to the next World Cup."
The Sun quoted him, as saying: "I`ve been treated very well here and I`m grateful. I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it has had. But I need a change of scene."
Mancini had hoped striker Tevez would stay and help lead his Champions League charge next season in the wake of Tuesday`s two-goal super show against Stoke.
But City have been unsure about the goal ace`s intentions, knowing Tevez is keen to be closer to his estranged wife and kids.
Now their fears have come home to roost, with Italy or Spain his preferred destination.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living