Will quit Man City in the summer: Tevez
London: Skipper Carlos Tevez has told Manchester City that he will leave in the summer, sparking a worldwide transfer scramble.
The bombshell comes just days after City boss Roberto Mancini claimed the star was staying.
Tevez, speaking to Argentine station Radio del Plata, said: "I want to leave Manchester City. Football has changed a lot for me and I don`t know if I will even make it to the next World Cup."
The Sun quoted him, as saying: "I`ve been treated very well here and I`m grateful. I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it has had. But I need a change of scene."
Mancini had hoped striker Tevez would stay and help lead his Champions League charge next season in the wake of Tuesday`s two-goal super show against Stoke.
But City have been unsure about the goal ace`s intentions, knowing Tevez is keen to be closer to his estranged wife and kids.
Now their fears have come home to roost, with Italy or Spain his preferred destination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Turkey-backed rebels take Syrian border town of Jarablus
- Drone strikes kill 5 Qaeda suspects in Yemen: Security
- Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe renew rivalry as Laver Cup captains
- Mamata Banerjee warns Gorkha Janmukti Morcha against violence
- Powerful quake hits Myanmar, damaging famed Bagan temples; tremors felt in India