Winds blow away red carpet laid out for Obamas` send-off
Mumbai: Strong winds today played a bit of
a spoilsport for the red carpet send off to the Obamas for
Delhi as the gusts blew away the rug twice despite the best
efforts of officials who finally decided to get rid of it to
avoid an embarrassment.
Even as authorities in Mumbai were preparing to bid
adieu to President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle, strong
winds kept blowing away the red carpet laid out at the airport
for them and the problem was compounded by the sweep of the
rotors of the two US helicopters.
Twice the authorities rolled out the red carpet and
both the times, it was blown away by the wind.
Finally, the authorities decided to do without the rug
and the US President and his wife walked without one to the
Later, a US Embassy official told a news agency that the red
carpet was removed as it was being blown away and could have
caused inconvenience to all present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal