`Winning Italian Supercup would help title tilt`
Rome: AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri believes that winning this weekend`s Italian Supercup in Beijing could give his side a boost in their hopes to retain the Serie A title.
Champions Milan will take on cup winners and bitter neighbours Inter in the pre-season showpiece event in the Chinese capital.
"We`ve worked hard these last two weeks even though the team isn`t in tip-top shape physically," said Allegri.
"It`s an important game and we must be focused. We know we`re playing Inter and on top of that we`re playing for a trophy.”
"It`s also a derby so our approach will be crucial. We must be motivated."
As for the coming season, Allegri believes the two Milan rivals will be the teams to beat.
"For the moment ourselves and Inter are the favourites despite how the others have strengthened.”
"Starting off with a victory in Beijing wouldn`t be a bad thing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what