`Winning machine` Mourinho is a threat, says Ibrahimovic
Madrid: Zlatan Ibrahimovic fears his former coach Jose Mourinho will create a Real Madrid team capable of ending Barcelona`s recent dominance of Spanish soccer.
Ibrahimovic, the Barcelona striker who endured a patchy first season at the Nou Camp, played for Mourinho at Inter Milan between 2008 and 2009.
"Mourinho is one of the best coaches in the world," Ibrahimovic told reporters on Thursday, ahead of Barcelona`s pre-season friendly against Norwegian side Valerenga.
"When he comes to a new club he will build it up to be a winning machine. It will be difficult to beat (Real), but we are the best team in the world."
Barcelona won the Spanish league in 2009 and 2010, and the Champions League in 2009.
Ibrahimovic, the Sweden international who scored 16 goals in his first season at Barcelona, said he expects to improve in his second, and that the arrival of David Villa should not put his place under threat.
He admitted he had discussed his situation with coach Pep Guardiola after Barcelona bought Villa, Spain`s top scorer at the World Cup, from Valencia.
"Every time I change clubs, I think the first year is always the (most) difficult one, and from all the clubs that I`ve played in, my best first year has been in Barcelona," Ibrahimovic said.
"He (Guardiola) says I`m important, and then I take it as I will play. If you`re not important, you don`t play."
Ibrahimovic said Villa was one of the world`s best players who would help Barcelona next season. "With Villa on the team we will be even stronger and have even better chance to win the Champions League," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok