Wipro eyes acquisition in BPO space
New Delhi: The country`s third largest software exporter, Wipro Technologies, Tuesday said it is looking for an acquisition in the BPO space, which is likely to be the next engine of growth for the IT industry.
"The economy has improved. The IT demand situation is certainly improving. The deal pipeline is good, the demand environment is building up," Wipro Technologies Joint CEO Suresh Vaswani told reporters on the sidelines of the India Economic Summit.
He added the company is looking at acquisitions in the BPO space.
"BPO has strong performance... BPO will drive growth for the IT industry. Acquisition is part of our strategy we keep looking at it, he said."
The company is also bullish about the current quarter.
"We have given a fairly strong guidance for this quarter which is substantially more than what we gave last quarter," Vaswani said, adding, all sectors are likely to grow, including the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance.
About the pricing pressure faced by the company, he said customers are not looking at price discounts but are looking at substantial change in cost structure.
"We are doing more fixed price projects which now form 40 per cent of the contracts we have. The fixed price models gives both our customers and us a win-win situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened