Wipro to hire 5,000 people, revamp recruitment strategy
Hyderabad: IT firm Wipro Technologies on Wednesday said it will hire 5,000 people in the next couple of months and is looking at a fresh recruitment strategy of taking in graduates from non-engineering institutes.
"Our strategy is to recruit non-engineering graduates, in addition to engineering and make them fit into the slot. We are still working out the details," Wipro Technologies Joint CEO Girish Paranjpe today said.
Refusing to divulge more details for next year`s
recruitments and outlook, Paranjpe said it would be a mix of
60 percent fresher and 40 percent experienced.
Around 5000 will be taken into the company in a month or
two, he said.
Last year the company made offers to as many as 8,500 persons through recruitment drives in colleges and institutions.
"We expect clients to make no further cuts in their budgets. We expect 2010 to be a better year than 2009," Paranjpe told reporters here on the sidelines of dedicating renovated Manikonda Lake at Hyderabad facility to the community.
He said the new hiring strategies will be worked out in a
month or two. Attrition rate in the company stood at ten per
On becoming energy efficient, he said the company is determined to reduce the carbon emission per employee by 45 percent from the present 3.96 tonnes to 2.5 tonnes in the next five years.
"Our power consumption went down by 12 percent last year
and we are planning to set up a micro windmill at our
Hyderabad facility soon," Paranjpe said.
The company consumes nearly 75 megawatt power from both
government and internal sources.
He said the company`s exposure in the Gulf market is
around 4 percent and the Dubai financial crisis will have
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata