Wipro unveils India`s slimmest 14-inch ultrabook
Bangalore: IT bellwether Wipro Infotech Tuesday unveiled what it claimed to be India`s first and slimmest ultrabook for the domestic market spanning enterprise and retail segments.
Powered by the second generation Intel core i5 processors and 11.6-inch light emitting diode (LED) high definition (HD) display, the 14-inch e.go Aero Ultrabook is a mobile computing device designed, developed and manufactured to suit every Indian customer`s need.
"The e.go is a high-tech product for the progressive Indian on the move. We recognise that there is an increasing need for a light-weight, powerful yet affordable laptops," Wipro Systems and Technology business head Ashok Tripathy told reporters here.
Weighing 1.7 kg and packed with 4 gigabyte (GB) and 500GB hard disk, the notebooks in three ranges - Aero Alpha, Aero Book and Aero Ultra - are priced between Rs.39,000 and Rs.49,000 for different configurations.
The portable notebook is pre-loaded with Windows 7 and MS Office Starter and boasts of an isolation keyboard and a touch pad.
"The product is a result of cooperation between Intel and Wipro on Ultrabook devices, incorporating revolutionary technologies such as rapid start, smart response and smart connect to enable an always connected state," Intel South Asia managing director for sales Debjani Ghosh said at the product preview.
As an efficient, optimal and light notebook, Aero Alpha notebook is designed for everyday workloads, while Aero Book is for those who value style and substance and Aero Ultra is ideal for those wanting to be always connected and have mobility on the go.
"Ultrabooks offer a secure, immersive and responsive user experience and deliver mobility in thin, light and elegant form factors for personal computing," Ghosh said.
Though global original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) have already launched similar ultrabooks worldwide, Wipro is betting on the underlying potential for its version of ultrabook as the younger generation is growing with technology as a way of life.
"We see the market share of notebooks doubling up in the next 12 months to 10 percent in the overall personal computers (PCs) sales and sustaining the growth due to faster penetration, adoption and increasing use by government organisations," Tripathy noted.
As a business unit of the $7-billion global software major, Wipro Infotech also markets its range of hardware and software products in the Gulf region and Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25