WNS says no to bidders; not to pursue further discussions
New Delhi: New York-listed BPO firm WNS on Friday said it is not up for sale and has decided not to pursue further with those who had submitted expressions of interest to acquire controlling stake in the company.
WNS did not give any reason for not pursuing further discussions.
The board of directors of the company has completed its consideration of the expressions of interest received from interested parties regarding a possible change of control transaction, and has decided not to pursue further discussion, a company statement said.
The BPO firm also did not divulge details of the bidders and the price at which they valued the company.
Last month, WNS had confirmed receiving expressions of interest from various parties regarding possible change of control transactions.
There were reports that private equity firm Warburg Pincus, which has 50.12 percent stake in the company, was looking at selling its stake.
Country`s leading BPO firm Genpact was also believed to be in fray for the controlling stake in WNS.
The Board also noted that management is focussed on performance which continues to be in line with the guidance reiterated in the last earnings call.
In August, the firm had forecast adjusted profit of fiscal 2010 in the range of USD 50 million to USD 52 million. For the first quarter ended June 30, 2009 the company reported revenue of USD 136.7 million, up 11.2 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM