WNS says no to bidders; not to pursue further discussions
New Delhi: New York-listed BPO firm WNS on Friday said it is not up for sale and has decided not to pursue further with those who had submitted expressions of interest to acquire controlling stake in the company.
WNS did not give any reason for not pursuing further discussions.
The board of directors of the company has completed its consideration of the expressions of interest received from interested parties regarding a possible change of control transaction, and has decided not to pursue further discussion, a company statement said.
The BPO firm also did not divulge details of the bidders and the price at which they valued the company.
Last month, WNS had confirmed receiving expressions of interest from various parties regarding possible change of control transactions.
There were reports that private equity firm Warburg Pincus, which has 50.12 percent stake in the company, was looking at selling its stake.
Country`s leading BPO firm Genpact was also believed to be in fray for the controlling stake in WNS.
The Board also noted that management is focussed on performance which continues to be in line with the guidance reiterated in the last earnings call.
In August, the firm had forecast adjusted profit of fiscal 2010 in the range of USD 50 million to USD 52 million. For the first quarter ended June 30, 2009 the company reported revenue of USD 136.7 million, up 11.2 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know