Wolfsburg coach Veh`s future in doubt after Cologne loss
Berlin: The future of VfL Wolfsburg coach Armin Veh hung in the balance after the champions lost 3-2 at home to lowly Cologne on Sunday.
Wolfsburg are a shadow of the team who romped to their maiden title last year, losing their last three league matches and failing to win since early November.
"I do not know if I will have the chance to keep on working here," Veh told reporters with his team in 10th place in the Bundesliga, 17 off the top after 19 games. "At the end of the day it is not my decision."
Veh, who steered VfB Stuttgart to the Bundesliga title in 2007, replaced Felix Magath last year but has failed to repeat last season`s spectacular form.
Their once rock-solid defence is now the second-worse in the league, slightly better than bottom-placed Hertha Berlin, while last season`s top striker Grafite has only netted five goals.
"We are all stunned. We lost the game today and of course we must discuss how we can improve this situation but I can definitely say that no decision has been taken," Wolfsburg sporting director Dieter Hoeness said.
"It is only normal that we sit down and analyse this situation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj