`Womaniser Elvis Presley was obsessed with teen girls`
London: Elvis Presley, the undisputed `King of Rock and Roll`, was a womaniser who was obsessed with teenage girls and had a penchant for those who looked like his mother, a new book has claimed.
According to the book, `Baby, Let`s Play House: Elvis Presley and the Women who Loved Him`, the American icon, who rose from humble circumstances to launch the rock and roll revolution with his versatile voice, wasn`t quite a gentleman.
"Since his arrival in Germany, the sheer volume of women with whom he`d had some kind of relationship, whether sexual or emotional, bordered on the pathological," says the
book, authored by Alanna Nash.
"In Germany Elvis was fascinated with the idea of real young teenage girls, which scared the crap out of all of us. There was at least one affair with a 15-year-old and a 23-year
-old he met was deemed `too old`," his friend Lamar Fike says.
In fact, on the evening that Currie Grant, a former airman who had been friends with Elvis, introduced Priscilla Beaulieu to the 24-year-old rock star, then doing his military service in Germany, it was immediately apparent the singer was enchanted with the schoolgirl who later became his wife, `The Sunday Times` reported.
"Indeed, Grant found him kissing her against a wall. By 8.30 PM, according to several people in the house, Elvis had taken her up to his bedroom. They did not emerge until
after 1 AM," the author says.
At the time, Elvis was still in grief after the death of his mother Gladys to whom he was exceptionally close.
"He was attracted to women who reminded him of his mother, as Priscilla did with (her) dark hair and beautiful eyes," Elvis` another friend, Joe Esposito, who was there when
the couple met, was quoted as saying.
According to Nash, Elvis` "rampant sexual conquests" were emotional selfsabotage linked to his continued grief for his mother.
"He never seemed to learn from his mistakes, which remained unexamined as he moved on immediately to the next woman, just as he went from doctor to doctor for another
supply of pills without investigating ways to quell his urges or take control of his life," he says in her book.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory