Women fear getting fat
London: Women fear getting fat, something that doesn`t worry men, a study has found.
The female brain reacts negatively at the sight of an overweight woman, prompting feelings of unhappiness and even self-loathing, reports express.co.uk.
Though the phenomena is common in anorexics but it also affects healthy women who worry about their weight or shape. The same thing doesn`t happen with men, whatever their shape may be.
The study for the US journal Personality And Individual Differences suggests that women are under more pressure to form image stereotypes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town