Women fear getting fat
London: Women fear getting fat, something that doesn`t worry men, a study has found.
The female brain reacts negatively at the sight of an overweight woman, prompting feelings of unhappiness and even self-loathing, reports express.co.uk.
Though the phenomena is common in anorexics but it also affects healthy women who worry about their weight or shape. The same thing doesn`t happen with men, whatever their shape may be.
The study for the US journal Personality And Individual Differences suggests that women are under more pressure to form image stereotypes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!