Women fear getting fat
London: Women fear getting fat, something that doesn`t worry men, a study has found.
The female brain reacts negatively at the sight of an overweight woman, prompting feelings of unhappiness and even self-loathing, reports express.co.uk.
Though the phenomena is common in anorexics but it also affects healthy women who worry about their weight or shape. The same thing doesn`t happen with men, whatever their shape may be.
The study for the US journal Personality And Individual Differences suggests that women are under more pressure to form image stereotypes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30