Women fear getting fat
London: Women fear getting fat, something that doesn`t worry men, a study has found.
The female brain reacts negatively at the sight of an overweight woman, prompting feelings of unhappiness and even self-loathing, reports express.co.uk.
Though the phenomena is common in anorexics but it also affects healthy women who worry about their weight or shape. The same thing doesn`t happen with men, whatever their shape may be.
The study for the US journal Personality And Individual Differences suggests that women are under more pressure to form image stereotypes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari