Women getting bra-zen on Facebook: The Times of India
Kolkata: Most Facebook users on Thursday logged in to be foxed by curious conversations on status lines, like: ‘Electric blue,’ ‘Same pinch’. Suddenly, every woman on the friend list seemed to have joined the colour game. Agonizingly, a man’s query would be met with a quick snub. Women would respond to their kind by ‘check message.’
An internet search spilled the beans, apparently, the colour craze was started by some Detroit women trying to raise awareness on breast cancer. The chain mail seemingly doing the rounds says: ‘‘Just write the color of your bra in your status. Just the color, nothing else. And send this on to ONLY girls no men .. It will be neat to see if this will spread the wings of cancer awareness. It will be fun to see how long it takes before the men will wonder why all the girls have a color in their status. Ha ha!"
This meant women across the globe were putting up the colour of their bra on their facebook status. The day began on bright note for many Net regulars.
Brighter still, when, armed with this information, a Ballygunge youth came back to find his Jadavpur University classmate Mia (profile name) saying ‘green’. Sourav (name changed), an MBA student from South Kolkata, felt ill seeing his teen sister post: ‘Gold.’ Her friends’ suggesting ‘deep purple would look good too’ didn’t help matters, either. ‘‘I saw a few updates that said ‘nothing’," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda