Women`s make-up illegal on Iran television: State TV chief
Tehran: Women appearing in TV programmes will not be allowed to wear make-up because it is against Islamic law, or sharia.
"Make-up by women during television programmes is
illegal and against Islamic sharia law ... There should not be
a single case" of a woman wearing make-up during a programme,
Ezatollah Zarghami was quoted as saying by the reformist
Zarghami, a former member of the elite Revolutionary
Guards who has been re-appointed by supreme leader Ayatollah
Ali Khamenei, also ordered that women guests should
"preferably" be hosted by women.
Speaking at a conference of network directors, he also
called for cutting down on music during programmes and urged
his staff to take a cue from Western action movies, which have
"excellent and calm music."
"I do not mean that we should become like them, but we
should use positive points. Therefore we (should) put on the
agenda the reduction and refining of music," he said.
"As of today, you in the production department should
launch new supervisory methods ... I do not want to tell you
to filter, but you should be vigilant that nothing
inappropriate happens," Zarghami said.
Zarghami told directors they should also prohibit
"repulsive jokes" between men and women on television or
radio, Etemad and Fars news agency quoted him as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof