World Cup finalists N Korea to host Brazil club
Seoul: North Korea will host a World Cup warm-up match against Brazilian club Atletico Sorocaba next month, South Korean media reported.
Atletico Sorocaba, who play in Sao Paulo state`s Campeonato Paulista league, will travel to the reclusive communist state for the match on Nov. 5 at Pyongyang`s May Day stadium, Yonhap news agency said, citing an organiser.
North Korea, along with fellow Asian confederation sides Australia, Japan and South Korea, have automatically qualified for the finals in South Africa next year. It will be their first World Cup appearance since the 1966 finals in England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus