World`s fastest toilet on wheels
London: A new and unusual land speed world record has been set in Australia -- for the fastest motorised toilet, BBC reported.
Canadian stuntwoman Jolene Van Vugt recorded a speed of 75 km per hour at the Sydney Olympic Park, beating the previous record by seven km per hour. "That was so fun and I`m stoked to get the record," Van Vugt said.
In order to win the title, Van Vugt was timed over 100 metres in both directions.
"I`ve broken Guiness World Records before but I never thought I`d be the fastest toilet rider in the world, she told Australia`s Daily Telegraph newspaper.
The record-breaking ride was a promotional stunt to herald her upcoming Australian tour with the Nitro Circus, a collection of skilled athletes who perform outrageous stunts.
Van Vugt is no stranger to danger. She holds world records as the first female to backflip a dirt bike and for the longest female backflip.
"My craziest stunt was backflipping a dirtbike over the Grand Canyon," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation