World`s youngest round-the-world sailor back in UK
Porthsmouth (England): The youngest round-the-world sailor has returned to Britain after charting some 45,000 kilometres.
Thousands cheered as 17-year-old Mike Perham arrived today in Portsmouth.
A Guinness World Records representative has certified Perham is now the youngest person to sail around the world with some assistance. He was 16 when he set off in November and turned 17 in March.
Perham tried to complete the challenge non-stop in his 50-foot racing yacht called Totallymoney.com but technical problems forced him to be assisted.
Meanwhile, a Dutch court has ordered a 13-year-old girl who plans the same trip be given a psychological assessment to determine her ability to deal with two years of isolation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!