World`s youngest round-the-world sailor back in UK
Porthsmouth (England): The youngest round-the-world sailor has returned to Britain after charting some 45,000 kilometres.
Thousands cheered as 17-year-old Mike Perham arrived today in Portsmouth.
A Guinness World Records representative has certified Perham is now the youngest person to sail around the world with some assistance. He was 16 when he set off in November and turned 17 in March.
Perham tried to complete the challenge non-stop in his 50-foot racing yacht called Totallymoney.com but technical problems forced him to be assisted.
Meanwhile, a Dutch court has ordered a 13-year-old girl who plans the same trip be given a psychological assessment to determine her ability to deal with two years of isolation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him