World`s youngest round-the-world sailor back in UK
Porthsmouth (England): The youngest round-the-world sailor has returned to Britain after charting some 45,000 kilometres.
Thousands cheered as 17-year-old Mike Perham arrived today in Portsmouth.
A Guinness World Records representative has certified Perham is now the youngest person to sail around the world with some assistance. He was 16 when he set off in November and turned 17 in March.
Perham tried to complete the challenge non-stop in his 50-foot racing yacht called Totallymoney.com but technical problems forced him to be assisted.
Meanwhile, a Dutch court has ordered a 13-year-old girl who plans the same trip be given a psychological assessment to determine her ability to deal with two years of isolation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest