Wozniacki coasts into Wimbledon fourth round
London: Top seed Caroline Wozniacki enjoyed a brisk workout on her debut Centre Court outing this year as she hurried past Australian Jarmila Gajdosova 6-3, 6-2 in the third round of Wimbledon on Saturday.
The Dane, still searching for her first grand slam title despite being top of the world rankings, coasted through the first set and kept her nose in front in the second following an early break.
She sealed victory when her 27th-seeded opponent smacked the ball wide to end the 66-minute contest and send Wozniacki into a last-16 clash with Slovakia`s Dominika Cibulkova.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what