Wozniacki coasts into Wimbledon fourth round
London: Top seed Caroline Wozniacki enjoyed a brisk workout on her debut Centre Court outing this year as she hurried past Australian Jarmila Gajdosova 6-3, 6-2 in the third round of Wimbledon on Saturday.
The Dane, still searching for her first grand slam title despite being top of the world rankings, coasted through the first set and kept her nose in front in the second following an early break.
She sealed victory when her 27th-seeded opponent smacked the ball wide to end the 66-minute contest and send Wozniacki into a last-16 clash with Slovakia`s Dominika Cibulkova.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery