Wozniacki coasts into Wimbledon fourth round
London: Top seed Caroline Wozniacki enjoyed a brisk workout on her debut Centre Court outing this year as she hurried past Australian Jarmila Gajdosova 6-3, 6-2 in the third round of Wimbledon on Saturday.
The Dane, still searching for her first grand slam title despite being top of the world rankings, coasted through the first set and kept her nose in front in the second following an early break.
She sealed victory when her 27th-seeded opponent smacked the ball wide to end the 66-minute contest and send Wozniacki into a last-16 clash with Slovakia`s Dominika Cibulkova.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?