Wozniacki downs Schiavone in Brussels Open last four
Brussels: Caroline Wozniacki gained a valuable confidence boost ahead of next week`s French Open when she beat last year`s Roland Garros winner Francesca Schiavone 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 in their Brussels Open semi-final on Friday.
The Danish world number one and Schiavone have both been in patchy form of late and Wozniacki outlasted the tiring Italian in an entertaining if error-strewn encounter.
Wozniacki will play China`s Peng Shuai in Saturday`s final before heading to Paris where she faces Japan`s Kimiko Date-Krumm in the first round as she starts her bid for a first grand slam title.
Peng defeated number two seed Vera Zvonareva of Russia 6-3, 6-3 in the other semi-final in the Belgian capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack