Wozniacki downs Schiavone in Brussels Open last four
Brussels: Caroline Wozniacki gained a valuable confidence boost ahead of next week`s French Open when she beat last year`s Roland Garros winner Francesca Schiavone 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 in their Brussels Open semi-final on Friday.
The Danish world number one and Schiavone have both been in patchy form of late and Wozniacki outlasted the tiring Italian in an entertaining if error-strewn encounter.
Wozniacki will play China`s Peng Shuai in Saturday`s final before heading to Paris where she faces Japan`s Kimiko Date-Krumm in the first round as she starts her bid for a first grand slam title.
Peng defeated number two seed Vera Zvonareva of Russia 6-3, 6-3 in the other semi-final in the Belgian capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...