Wozniacki downs Schiavone in Brussels Open last four
Brussels: Caroline Wozniacki gained a valuable confidence boost ahead of next week`s French Open when she beat last year`s Roland Garros winner Francesca Schiavone 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 in their Brussels Open semi-final on Friday.
The Danish world number one and Schiavone have both been in patchy form of late and Wozniacki outlasted the tiring Italian in an entertaining if error-strewn encounter.
Wozniacki will play China`s Peng Shuai in Saturday`s final before heading to Paris where she faces Japan`s Kimiko Date-Krumm in the first round as she starts her bid for a first grand slam title.
Peng defeated number two seed Vera Zvonareva of Russia 6-3, 6-3 in the other semi-final in the Belgian capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him