Wozniacki grinds through to quarter-finals at Melbourne
Melbourne: Caroline Wozniacki advanced to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open on Sunday, grinding out a 6-3, 6-4 win over Anastasija Sevastova in the sunshine at Rod Laver Arena.
The world number one double-faulted to concede a break in the first game and trailed the 46th-ranked Sevastova 3-1 before mowing through the next six games.
The 20-year-old Sevastova fought back to 4-4 after being a break down in the second set, but notched two unforced errors to hand it straight back and Wozniacki sealed the match after whipping a cross-court forehand winner.
Wozniacki, who has not dropped a set at the tournament, will next play French Open winner Francesca Schiavone or two-times grand slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming