Wozniacki grinds through to quarter-finals at Melbourne
Melbourne: Caroline Wozniacki advanced to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open on Sunday, grinding out a 6-3, 6-4 win over Anastasija Sevastova in the sunshine at Rod Laver Arena.
The world number one double-faulted to concede a break in the first game and trailed the 46th-ranked Sevastova 3-1 before mowing through the next six games.
The 20-year-old Sevastova fought back to 4-4 after being a break down in the second set, but notched two unforced errors to hand it straight back and Wozniacki sealed the match after whipping a cross-court forehand winner.
Wozniacki, who has not dropped a set at the tournament, will next play French Open winner Francesca Schiavone or two-times grand slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels