Wozniacki ready for French after winning Brussels title
Brussels: World number one Caroline Wozniacki warmed up for the French Open by coming back from a set down to beat China`s Peng Shuai in the inaugural Brussels Open on Saturday.
Wozniacki beat the eighth-seeded Peng 2-6 6-3 6-3 on clay to earn her fourth title of the season.
"I was pleased with the way I played and fought today," the Dane said. "Now I`m looking forward to Roland Garros. I think I play on Monday but I`ll be ready."
The 20-year-old Wozniacki, who has yet to win a grand slam title, will begin her attempt on the French title against Japan`s Kimiko Date-Krumm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan