Wozniacki ready for French after winning Brussels title
Brussels: World number one Caroline Wozniacki warmed up for the French Open by coming back from a set down to beat China`s Peng Shuai in the inaugural Brussels Open on Saturday.
Wozniacki beat the eighth-seeded Peng 2-6 6-3 6-3 on clay to earn her fourth title of the season.
"I was pleased with the way I played and fought today," the Dane said. "Now I`m looking forward to Roland Garros. I think I play on Monday but I`ll be ready."
The 20-year-old Wozniacki, who has yet to win a grand slam title, will begin her attempt on the French title against Japan`s Kimiko Date-Krumm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview